My Grandfather just purchased a cheap solar panel kit for his ranch that could not muster enough power to run his mini fridge.
He has two 6 volt batteries running positive to negative and would like to add more batteries. Probably 12volt. How would he go about hooking up the other batteries and what kind of wire or coil should he use.
Also, I saw on youtube a guy recommending a lead-acid battery from walmart for under $ 20. I was just going to go to ecology and just pick up some used batteries but I may be wrong.
Any help for a first timer might help me and my gramps out will be appreciated.
- Solar Panel: How Much Do Solar Panel Batteries Cost? (6/25/2011)
- Solar Products: Help! Please Compare The Power Capacity Of These 2 Rechargable Batteries And Tell Me Which Has Higher Capacity? (7/9/2011)
- Solar Lights: How Do I Replace AA Batteries In Outdoor Solar Lights With Ultra-capacitor? (5/11/2011)
- Solar Panel: How To Set Up A Solar Panel System For A Static Caravan.? (6/21/2011)
- Solar Power: How Do I Wire Solar Power Into My Homes Breaker Panel? (7/9/2011)