1. One of the problems in using solar energy is that it is difficult to (store/heat)
2. Turbines are a form of (water wheel/diesel engine)
3. Turbines are (more/less) efficient then gasoline engines)
4. All heat engines burn fuel to form a (n) (expanding/contracting) gas which pushes againist a moveable part
5. (Auto/Diesel) engines use spark plugs to ignite a compressed air-gas mixture
6. According to Einstein’s theory of relativity, energy is related to which of the following? (A) force (B) mass (C) weight
7. When the nuclei of heavy atoms (with many protons) are split, this process is called (A) fission (B) fusion (C) combustion
8. The binding together of two light nuclei to form a heavier one is called (A) fission (B) fusion (C) electromotive force
9. Which nuclear reaction is currently used to produce nuclear energy in nuclear reactors? (A) fission (B) fusion (C) electromotive force (D) combustion
10. Which nuclear reaction uses the least expensive materials and produces the least amount of radioactive by-products? (A) fission (B) fusion (C) electromotive force (D) combustion
- Solar Turbines: Choose The Correct Word? (7/12/2011)
- Solar Turbines: Help Me Pick The Word!? (7/28/2011)
- Science Help. Can someone answer and explain these for me? I’m having trouble in this part of science class.?
- Solar Turbines: Which Word Is Right? (7/26/2011)
- Science homework – having trouble finding answers. please help?