4. Solar energy can be used to
both of the above
5. On a wind turbine, the ______ is used to shut down the blades if wind speed gets too high.
6. Which part of a wind turbine keeps the generator facing the wind direction?
7. Relying on windows and building materials to capture incoming solar radiation WITHOUT distributing that energy is called
passive solar heating
active solar heating
8. The biggest drawback to using hydrogen fuel is that hydrogen does not naturally exist in its elemental form, and must be extracted from something else.
10. Which of the following is a disadvantage of wind power?
low energy efficiency
increased air pollution
backup systems may be needed for times of low winds
- Solar Power: Facts About Renewable Energy? (solar, Wind, Etc) Please Answer? (5/29/2011)
- Solar Energy: Can Anybody Help! I Need Weird Facts (about Energy) Like How Much Energy A Shower Will Use This Is For Scienc? (7/20/2011)
- Solar Energy: Can Someone Help Me With Facts About Solar Energy? (5/4/2011)
- Solar Producer: What Is The Potential For Alternative Energy In Malaysia? (biomass/fuel, Solar, Nuclear, Wind, Water)? (6/23/2011)
- Solar Producer: Energy Efficient Questions? (5/13/2011)