Alright, I have constructed a portable solar power plant integrated into a backpack. For the past several weeks everything has been working appropriately. However, starting yesterday, the charge controller I have isn’t indicating it is receiving any solar input, despite the fact that two days ago it did. The charge controller doesn’t seem to be broken, and the solar panels are putting out the same voltage and wattage as before. How I tested to see if the charge controller was broken or not is I took a DC Power input (converted from AC, it was my laptop charge cable) that was rated at the same / under what my charge controller was designed for. It indicated that charge was flowing then, but when I re-hooked my panel up, nothing.
What does this mean? How can I restore it to working again?
- Solar Panel: Are There Problems Adding Other Charging Units Like Wind Power To A Harbor Freight Solar Panel ChargeControler? (5/26/2011)
- Solar Panel: How Can I Set-up My Small Solar Panel To Charge AA Solar-rechargeable Btteries? (5/22/2011)
- Solar Products: Help! Please Compare The Power Capacity Of These 2 Rechargable Batteries And Tell Me Which Has Higher Capacity? (7/9/2011)
- Solar Turbines: How Many Solar Cells Would I Need To Charge And Run My Laptop At He Same Time.? (5/16/2011)
- Solar Panel: Can You Charge A Phone With A Small Solar Panel? (5/11/2011)