In a sunny location, sunlight has a power density of about 1 kW/m2. Photovoltaic solar cells can convert this power into electricity with 15% efficiency.
If a typical home uses 390 kWh of electricity per month, how many square meters of solar cells would be required to meet its energy requirements? Assume that electricity can be generated from the sunlight for 8 hours per day.
- Solar Turbines: How Many Square Meters Of Solar Cells Would Be Required To Meet Its Energy Requirements? (7/31/2011)
- Solar Lights: Electricity Output Help? (8/19/2011)
- Solar Turbines: How Much Energy, In Kilowatt Hours Per Year, Would One Square Foot Of Solar Cells Produce? (7/21/2011)
- Solar Turbines: What Would Be The Cost Of The Solar Cells Needed For A 750MW Plant In A Region Where The Intensity Of The Sunl? (8/24/2011)
- Solar Turbines: How Much Electricity Can Our Best Solar Cells Generate? Can It Be Stored? (7/24/2011)