1. Solar Energy Concept: To some this idea may seem morose or even silly, however I believe an engineer would appreciate its value as would anyone who had the good sense to recognize a free multi-billion dollar concept. The idea is to replace the headstones in cemeteries with solar panels that have been etched with the deceased’s information, in any participating cemetery. The panel would be the length and width of the grave. At the base of the grave you would have a small placard. The land that the solar panel is placed on is effectively free, since the plot has been purchased for the deceased. The cost of the panel is effectively free, since it’s cost has been subsidized by switching the headstone for the panel.
Most cemeteries are located close to population centers. This one fact alone would allow real gains in actual recoverable energy by reducing line load losses that prohibit solar energy from obtaining a foothold in communities. The panels initial cost would be offset by the savings in not having to purchase the head stone. ( A rock produces no energy! ) The family of the deceased could be rewarded with an annuity that would help recoup burial cost in part and maybe in full! The solar panels would be clean, quiet, portable and easily upgradeable. The panels could be combined with any other energy sink a particular company might choose (fuel cell, flywheel, compressed air, geothermal storage, etc.). Greater return on equity for the cemetery, less green house gases, greater energy security for America and the world, a more robust and distributed energy source, increased productivity, more jobs and reduced or eliminated cost to the bereaved. The potential gains worldwide are enormous.
I wish you and yours good fortune in all endeavors,
- Solar Turbines: I Have Idea That Can Fix Our Energy And Immigration Problems All At Once? (5/8/2011)
- Solar Energy: I Need As Much Information About Solar Energy Possible. Can You Give Me Some Information And Some Source Links (5/16/2011)
- Why isn’t the federal government willing to subsidize solar energy panels for homes?
- Solar Energy: What Are The Enviromental Problems Involving Solar Energy And What Is An Idea Of The Cost? (6/26/2011)
- Solar Panel: Does A Solar Panel Get More Energy On Hotter Or Brighter Days? (8/11/2011)