For school i have to build a house that has 5 working electric parts to it, i can power it any way i want and i have a couple solar cells left from science fair and i thought it would be cool if i made a “green” home for the project. I was wondering what kind of things run off of DC power and use very little power becuase like i said, i only have a few cells so all wired together under very bright light i MIGHT get 6 watts so you can see how im limited. and im not buying a 1000 dollar converter to change the power to AC either (for obvious reasons). So if you can think of any DC powered small electrical objects. Also i was wondering if LED christmas lights can run off DC? I can strip wires and cut and minipulate things to make them work to my needs soooooo…. thats it, thanks in advance, will pick best
i might be able to get a couple more cells and get 10 watts, and im asking this question so i dont waste money buying stuff ill never use again “experimenting”. and do they have batteries that can charge off DC? becuase that would help. and where can you find a DC electric motor for cheap?
Could i get like some tungsten out of an incandescent light bulb, connect it to a panel and put it in an old steel can from ravioli and make a space heater?
- Solar Energy: Solar Or Geothermal Energy To Replace 100 Percent Of All Electricity In House? (7/21/2011)
- Solar Products: What Kind Of Solar Charger Would I Need To Run My Portable TV? (8/16/2011)
- Solar Panel: 45 Watt Solar Panel Kit Harbor Freight? (6/30/2011)
- What are some of the best places to find quality “tabbed solar cells” online?
- Solar Lights: General Relativity Question? (8/18/2011)