Watts need for electric motor??
im new to this whole forum thing but i feel it is a great tool and you all are great people to help each other out so i decided to join in.
I am a young entrepreneur developing a product…a solar boat. The boat is ready to go..it has been built, welded and polished. I am only missing one thing, the solar power. This is a little fishing boat so no need for high performance. My question is this.
I am going to be running a 54 lbs thrust Motorguide electric motor, more specifically the Motorguide bulldog 54. According to specifications, the output of the motor is 0.34 kwt.
So the motor will be connected to a deep cycle battery and the solar panels will be connected to the battery also.
This motor should be able to run about 5 hours a day all while recharging and being able to go the next day also. This is what i am aiming for.
What Amount of Solar panel watts will i need? And is a 75 Amp/hour Battery enough?
I was thikning a 75 AH deep cycle battery with 120 Watts worth of solar panels.
- Solar Panel: What Kind Of Solar Panel Do I Need To Power A 130W Electric Motor? (8/6/2011)
- Solar Power: Solar Panel And Electric Fence- Help Please!? (8/17/2011)
- Solar Panel: What Kind Of Solar Panel Would I Need To Charge I Car Battery? (6/17/2011)
- Solar Lights: How Much Current Is Needed For Inverter? (8/26/2011)
- Solar Panel: What Type Of Solar Panel Is Needed To Power A 5w/2amp Camera? (5/15/2011)