Our county just passed new zoning. The new zoning has enabled 400′ wind turbines to come into our town. Everyone is in an uproar due to the negitive publicity that surrounds this technology. There will be 135-140 of these massive turbines located near our small town of 20,000 people. Ours is an University town so in the summer that amount dramatically dips down. The turbines will be located within 1500′ to the nearest homeowners that lives on the outskirts of town and within 3 miles of the town itself. I personally will be living 2 miles from the nearest white monster, with open countryside between me and IT. Can anyone fill me in as to what to expect from this new development?
I have recieved some negitive responses to my question regarding wind turbines. I have done my research on these, yes, monsters. First of all we were approached to have several of these turbines on our land and we turned them down flat. Secondly, I am all for “green energy”, but our county has 100,000′s of acres that are not inhabited by animals or humans. We have had people call our county commissioners that have these turbines located next to their homes and towns. There calls have all been negitive. Landowners that signed leases to have them put on their property have said if they would have offered him a million dollars to have them on his property now that he has had to live with them, he would tell them NO WAY. He said he wishes he could take back his lease. People have contacted us to tell us to do whatever we can to get them as far away from our town as possible. NOBODY is against a new way of energy, just not sooooo close to our homes and families.
- Solar Turbines: Do You Think The Large Wind Turbines For Wind Energy Are Unsightly? (6/17/2011)
- Solar Turbines: What Is The Difference Between These Wind Turbines? (6/15/2011)
- Solar Turbines: How Many Wind Turbines Would You Need To Power A City? (8/26/2011)
- Solar Turbines: Wind Turbines? (5/21/2011)
- Solar Turbines: Where Would Be Good And Reasonable Places To Put Wind Turbines To Produce Energy In CHICAGO? (7/9/2011)