As you may be aware, burning fossil fuels is sadly still our primary means of obtaining energy on this planet. However, it is clear that we MUST NOT continue on this path or else humanity will face incomprehensible doom.
So, I’d like to know:
Which energy source, in your opinion, would be the most promising for us, as a species, in order to ensure our long-term energy needs are met?? Please provide your reasoning for how it is the best solution for humanity.
For example, I personally see the greatest potential in “Space-Based Solar Power”. Unlike trying to capture solar energy from on the earth’s surface, which is generally not sufficient enough to compete with other alternative energy sources, capturing energy from space is abundant far beyond necessity. In fact, the energy available from space is EASILY abundant enough to power the world if we implement a space-based system on a wide scale. Yet, it will certainly cost money and effort to get the panels up and implement the energy around the world. Yet, I still see this as the most promising solution of any I’ve considered for meeting humanity’s long-term energy needs and, likewise, our species’ survival.
What solution do you propose?? Why??
Thanks in advance!
- Solar Producer: Is The Moratorium To Build Solar Plants On Public Lands A Fossil Fuel Conspiracy? (6/5/2011)
- Solar Products: Is The AGW/GCC Movement Condemning Civilization To A New Stone Age? (8/6/2011)
- Why don’t more people call their energy companies and switch over to a “renewable” energy source?
- Solar Energy: I Need As Much Information About Solar Energy Possible. Can You Give Me Some Information And Some Source Links (5/16/2011)
- Solar Products: Do You Think That Solar Energy Is Amore Efficient Fuel Compared To Fossil Fuels? (7/29/2011)