What do you think?
In my opinion the SS (Solar energy & Space tourism) have both huge potential compared to any other industry. Some facts:
- Solar energy supply has grown with 30% per year in 20 years – compared to this figure the need for hydrogen based electricity has grown with about 0.2% per annum – which is a difference in 150 times!
- According to thompson reuters, venture capitals have invested 90% more money in last year in green energy most of which goes to solar energy.
- Prices of solar energy have declined in hundreds of times ever since its beginning in the 70s.
About space tourism – the situation is immature compared to solar energy and almost any other business industry atm – but certainly has huge potential. For instance:
- Richard Branson’s virgin group: virgingalactic.com arranges orbital trips, costing about $ 200,000 per person and it seems that hundreds of people pay for that.
- HIlton announced some plans for a space hotel.
- NASA put end to the space shuttle program and replaced it with the times cheaper Ares program which will almost surely have it’s own moon program.
- “Moon property” prices have grown 40% for 3 years.
- Possibly, as energy gets cheaper – this will reflect to space tourism as well, so the space tourism might explode beyond the current predicted scope.
- Solar Energy: What Engineering Degrees Are Solar/wind/clean Energy Companies Looking For? (6/10/2011)
- Obama canceled America’s “Return to the Moon” program started by former president George Bush.?
- Solar Lights: Physical Science Help Please :]? (8/28/2011)
- Solar Energy: What Is The Best Renewable Energy Source To Replace Fossil Fuel Use? (10/1/2011)
- Solar Energy: Would It Be A Good Idea To Invest In A Solar Energy Company? (7/13/2011)