Thus, killing two birds with one stone. It could be financed by NASA’s budget and wind power investors with government assistance.
Airborne wind turbines can be attached and reattached to accommodate space vehicles, since they can stay aloft with their own power.
Since wind turbines function more efficiently at higher elevations, but require a tether . It seems to e that the tether could be multi functional and shared by both technologies.
NOPLATE:–Yes I read about the nanotubes, but I thought they had already worked it out. —My bad, but I hope they can pull it off.
I read that LiftPort was able to send a naotube tether up 1000 ft., and is confident that they can go a mile. Still a long way to go, but hopeful.
BLAMAY:—Intreasting. —Can you explain how the electricity is produced ?
- Solar Turbines: Where Would Be Good And Reasonable Places To Put Wind Turbines To Produce Energy In CHICAGO? (7/9/2011)
- Solar Turbines: What Is One Advantage Of Using Wind Turbines Rather Than Burning Fossil Fuels To Produce Electricity? (7/22/2011)
- Solar Turbines: What Are The Drawbacks To Using Wind Turbines Or Solar Panels For Providing All Power To A Home? (4/24/2011)
- Solar Turbines: Wind Turbines.? (5/19/2011)
- Solar Turbines: How Many Wind Turbines Would You Need To Give Off The Energy Of A Nuclear Power Plant? (8/28/2011)