Some of the sentences that follow are in normal word order; others are not. Rewrite each sentence, reversing the subject-verb order. When you have finished, identify each subject of each sentence.
Inverted Word Order
In the midst of the crows outside the theater stoff Buddy Holly.
Reworded with subject before verb
Buddy Holly stood in the midst of the crows outside the theater.
1. There have been many changes in popular music over time.
2.Los Angeles, Nashville, and New York City are among the cities associated with popular music.
3.The musicians work and write their songs here.
4.In Los Angeles and New York are many sophisticated recording studios.
5.Many would-be country music stars live in the city of Nashville.
6. Among the hot spots for country music is the Grand Ole Opry.
7. Here can be seen the biggest names in country music.
8.Country legend Dolly Parton stood in the midst of the crowd outside the theater.
- Solar Producer: Are These Good Analogies For My Biology Project? (9/21/2011)
- Solar Energy: What Would It Take To Convert A Housing Community From Fossil Fuels To Solar Energy In The Home? (7/26/2011)
- Why would Sarah Palin try to start a “Drill Baby Drill” chant at a speech to a solar power company?
- Solar Turbines: What Country/political Party Suits Me The Best? (6/20/2011)
- Solar Lights: Is This Uncalled For? (8/3/2011)