I always hear the “nuclear power is very dangerous” argument, and I realize whenever people hear the scary word “nuclear”, the think big bad explosions.
Did you know that the biggest nuclear meltdown in American history (there have only been two), the three mile island incident, happened very close to a crowded city. Number of deaths…….ZERO. Number of injuries…….ONE.
Now consider how many thousands of people die annually from coal mining, drilling, hell there are fatalities from setting up solar panels and falling off the roof.
Power plants are safe, pollute much less (and none if they properly dispose of the waste), and can power the hell out of out country (nearly 30% of the U.S’s power already comes from nuclear power).
So why do most people have a such an ignorant stigma against this method of energy production?
- Solar Producer: Why Not Supporting The Nuclear Energy? (7/26/2011)
- are Nuclear Power Plant considered “green energy”?
- Solar Producer: When Will America Use Nuclear Energy To Produce Needed Electricity? (7/14/2011)
- Solar Power: Do We Realize That When We Gear Up To Build The Next Generation Of Power Plants We Will Be Short Of Skills? (7/22/2011)
- Solar Power: What Are Some Differences And Similarities In Solar Power And Nuclear Power? (7/29/2011)