Skeptics have always maintained that if alternative energy was viable in a free market economy, they would already be in use. Proponents of global warming have always criticized skeptics as being stupid, uniformed and uneducated for maintaining this position and that alternative energy was indeed viable.
It turns out shell oil has backed out of the alternative energy investments saying it is economically a poor investment.
“Shell will no longer invest in renewable technologies such as wind, solar and hydro power because they are not economic, the Anglo-Dutch oil company said today… The company said that many alternative technologies did not offer attractive investment opportunities. Linda Cook, Shell’s executive director of gas and power, said: “If there aren’t investment opportunities which compete with other projects we won’t put money into it. We are businessmen and women. If there were renewables [which made money] we would put money into it.”
- If all of Obama’s energy saving ideas are so viable then why did he need rebates on all of them?
- Solar Producer: Do You Know That China Is The Largest Producer Of Solar Panels In The World? (5/5/2011)
- Solar Turbines: EVERYBODY READ THIS!!! I Have A Solution For Our Energy And Immigration Problems? (5/5/2011)
- Solar Products: Are Any Of The New Low Cost/high Efficiency Solar (photovoltaic) Panels On Sale For Consumers? (5/6/2011)
- Solar Power: How Does Solar Power Genertors Work? (4/29/2011)