2007: McCain Opposed Legislation Extending The Renewable Energy Production Tax Credit; Recent Study Concluded More than 116,000 Jobs Could be Lost If the Tax Credit is Not Extended. John McCain supported the filibuster of the 2007 energy bill that included an extension of the production tax credit to 2011. While McCain missed the vote to on the bill, according to his staff he did, in fact, support the continuing the filibuster, which eventually killed the bill. In its place, Congress passed another version of the legislation that did not include an extension of the tax credit. A 2008 economic study by Navigant Consulting found that “over 116,000 U.S. jobs and nearly $ 19 billion in U.S. investment could be lost in just one year if renewable energy tax credits are not renewed by Congress… The study concluded that over 76,000 jobs are put at risk in the wind industry, and approximately 40,000 jobs in the solar industry.” [HR 6, Vote 425, 12/13/07; Forbes, 12/13/07; U.S. News & World Report, 12/14/07; American Wind Energy Association and the Solar Energy Industries Association press release, 2/4/08] Are any as concerned as I am over this seeming contradiction? Why are you — Why not?
- If you support the ‘stimulus’ package let me ask you this?
- Solar Producer: If You Support The Bailout, Can You Please Defend Your Position? (7/19/2011)
- What If the gov’t cut subsidies for profitable farm/chemicals & Oil and equally helped small business funding?
- Solar Energy: Solar Power Companies In The US? (7/26/2011)
- Solar Energy: What Engineering Degrees Are Solar/wind/clean Energy Companies Looking For? (6/10/2011)