I was told a while ago that if the wind gets over 30mph, a wind turbine will shut down to avoid damage. I’ve since been told that it is over 50, and 60mph.
When do they shut off?
- Solar Turbines: Why Not Set Up Solar Farms And Wind Turbines In The Middle East? (11/21/2011)
- Solar Turbines: Wind Turbines? (5/21/2011)
- Solar Turbines: How Long Will It Take For Wind Turbines To Take Over And Provide The Energy To Power Our Country? (10/1/2011)
- Solar Turbines: How Do Engineers Erect Wind Turbines On The Foundations For A Shallow-water Wind Farm? (11/18/2011)
- Solar Turbines: Renewable Energy Help-Windmills, 10 Points For Best Answer..!? (8/13/2011)