I have heard about people setting up solar panels to charge 12v batteries and using inverters to power outdoor appliances that use the standard house plugs, such as pond pumps, lights, etc.
How do they keep it from frying in the rain? I mean isn´t it dangerous if you have a charged lead acid battery out in the rain?
Really stupid question I know, but I don´t know much about electronics…
- Solar Products: Increasing Battery Amps In Solar Charger? (10/14/2011)
- Solar Panel: What Size Solar Panel Should I Use To Continuously Charge My 12v Battery That Powers Lights Fans Etc.? (11/29/2011)
- Solar Panel: What Kind Of Solar Panel Would I Need To Charge I Car Battery? (6/17/2011)
- Solar Panel: Overcharging AA NiMH Batteries With 12V Battery? (8/21/2011)
- Solar Products: How Should I Power AC Loads From A DC Battery? (10/11/2011)