I’m from Toledo, OH about 2 miles from the MI line. We are a foster family and have adopted 5 children. We just moved into a 5400+sq 2 story home. We have (3) 2.5-3 ton AC units to cool this huge house. We got the house cheap…$ 175k couldn’t pass it up! Anyway…I was wondering how many solar panels it would take and of what wattage to power these Central Air Units and maybe the rest of the house. We have 13 people in our home……9 of which are children who leave the lights on and run hot water to beat the band. We have all brand new energy star appliances and front loader washer and dryer. Gas Range and Gas hot water tank. Was thinking of using metal window frames and buying solar cells and making my own panels. Just don’t know how much to buy. We face south with no trees. Constant Sun. thanks for your help. An e-mail address to bounce questions off of would be helpful if you experienced. tx.
- Solar Panel: Solar Power? (4/26/2011)
- Solar Panel: If I Buy 2 Solar Panel Kits Of 45 Watts Each How Much Would I Making In Kwh? (4/26/2011)
- Solar Turbines: Is Residential Solar Power Technology Mature Enough To Purchase? (5/5/2011)
- Solar Turbines: How Do I Broach This Subject To My Neighbors? (5/2/2011)
- Solar Panel: What Is Needed For A Solar Panel Set? (5/7/2011)