i had to write a speech for my speech class but i waited till the last min. and so i was wondering if it sounded ok?…im only a junior in high school so don’t expect it to be Perfect but its 2:30 in the mornig and i need to go to bed
Purpose Statement: The purpose of this speech is to persuade you to use solar power.
I.Have you ever wondered how much you spend on your water heating bills and
your electric bills each year?
II.According to the residentialsolarpanels website, you can save up to 80% on
your water heating bills by installing a solar water heating system.
III.This speech is to persuade you to use solar power.
IV.In this speech I will share with you what solar power is, how it will help your
finances, and also how it will help the environment.
(Transition statement: let’s start off with…)
I.What solar power is.
A.Solar power is basically the light and heat that comes from the sun.
1. This sores of power has been used for thousands of years for just those
things, light and heat.
2. It wasn’t until recently that we discovered that the power from the sun
could be used for electricity.
B.Also according to the solarenergy website solar power is a source of
1. The light from the sun is food to the plants, and the plants are
food to not only to us but also to animals.
2. Another way it helps with life on earth is it is our main source of heat, if
we did not have the sun the earth would be to cold for there to be
(Transition statement: Next I will tell you about…)
II.How using solar power can help you save money.
A.Probably the number one reason it will help save you money is the fact
that is its free! Unlike coal, oil, and gas.
B. Like I said earlier just by installing solar energy panels you can save up to
80% on your energy bills.
C.You need to make sure that you install your own solar panels because if
you have them installed for you, you will be spending thousands
more than you need.
(Transition statement: The last thing we will discuss is…)
III.How solar power helps the environment
A.According to WikiAnswers website solar power does not affect the
environment and by not affecting the environment it helps it.
1. In other words solar power does not let off any emissions of any kind,
like gas and coal does.
2. By not using the gas and coal and other things that do affect the
environment in a bad way, but instead using solar power ends up
helping the environment.
B.Also solar power is renewable in other words it wont run out like
nonrenewable sources such as fossil fuels.
(Transition statement: in conclusion…)
I.I hope that through this speech I have persuaded you to consider using
II.Next time you get your electricity bill I hope you remember that you can
lower that cost by up to 80% by using solar power.
III.lets begin to make this world a better and cleaner place and use the resources
that God has given us. Thank you!
- Solar Power: Solar And Wind Power In Spain Is The Way To Go What Will It Take In Uk To Catch On Or Should There Be Rain Pwr (10/5/2011)
- Solar Power: Could Someone Help Me With This Solar Power Advocacy Speech? (11/17/2011)
- Solar Producer: Is Solar Energy Really Green? ***A Must Read***? (5/19/2011)
- Solar Turbines: If You Were Given The Chance To Write A Speech For Obama, What Would You Write? (4/26/2011)
- Solar Products: I Am Writing A Speech On How Buying Green Products That Are Made In Coal Burning Plants, Do Not Help The Envir? (9/7/2011)