1) Which F1 Grand Prix saw the first restart? And in what year?
2) There have been cases where there were more than one driver with the same last name in the same F1 race. Which Grand Prix had the most drivers with same last name? How many? What were their names?
3) When did it happen that both Williams and both Toyotas were disqualified in the same race? And why?
4) Who has the highest percentage of wins vs. races in a formula one season?
5) What “almost scary” happened to Alesi at the 2000 Brazilian Grand Prix?
6) Longest F1 circuit ever?
7) Let’s consider F1 rookie seasons: Who detains the record for the most consecutive finishes?
Who is the only driver who won at his first Grand Prix? When and where?
9) In one race in the 2000s, Minardi removed all the sponsors from their cars. Why? What happened as a result of it?
10) In 1987 the wife of one F1 driver who perished years earlier committed suicide for not being able to cope with her late husband’s death. Who is she?
I need to be more precise on question # 8. I didn’t want to ask who won the first F1 GP. Of course, whoever won that first GP would also be the first driver to win at his first F1 GP. But I didn’t say F1. Consider that before that Silverstone GP in 1950 there were other GP’s not valid for the F1 championship, but still races in the top flight. There is however another driver, aside from Farina, who won at his first Grand Prix. First time in a race in the top flight, and he got the win. That’s the guy I am looking for. Sorry if the question wasn’t clear from the start.
1. 1973 British G.P.
2. 1959 British G.P. Henry, Mike, Trevor and Dennis Taylor
3. 2004 Canadian G.P. Due to break ducts deamed illegal
4. Alberto Ascari 1952 (6 of 7)
5. Billboard fell and amost crashed his Prost car
6. Pescara, Italy
7. Tiago Monteiro with 16 consecutive finishes
8. Giancarlo Baghetti, 1961 French G.P.
9. 2004 Silverstone. In memory of sporting director John Walton who had recently died. Outcome was loss of main sponsor Wilux as Minardi was not authorized to remove sponsorship
10. Barbro Peterson, wife of Ronnie Peterson
WinWin: 6 correct, of which one partially incorrect (#4)
Julian: 6 correct, of which 3 partially incomplete-incorrect
dancecorona: 6 correct, of which 4 incomplete
Billy Bob: 1 correct out of 1 … while playing the benjo
Rosbif: he corrected what needed to be corrected as usual
- Maybe this is why he is called “sliced bread”?
- Solar Producer: Will Venus Williams Ever Win Another Grand Slam? (8/12/2011)
- Solar Producer: Which History Record Mostly Impress You? Why? (11/5/2011)
- Solar Producer: Is This Player A Hall Of Famer? (1/2/2012)
- Solar Producer: Hy(pAthetic)ally Speaking, Would You Get Rid Of A Player With These Stats? (12/14/2011)