I have been asking for bids locally for a retrofit on an existing gate. Needs to be solar powered with magnetic sensors. Low bid is $ 3100. I believe this bid to be too high and with the help of you would like to make this project more affordible.
1 Apollo 7100 ETL slide gate operator
2 Exit sensor 50 ft. — magnatic sensor for car or bike. non security access
1 10 watt solar panel
1 SG-4 solar controller — to prevent overcharge
1 concrete pad for gate opener and 1 1/2 su. tube 15″ gate extension
Assuming I have ability to pour own concrete and access to welding equipment, I am looking for options to purchase similar equipment to do instillation myself. What are the advantages of the retrofit compared to a swinging gate which may be cheaper? Can anyone assist me in buying the parts or similar equipment by leading to websites, distributors, etc.? Are there any kits that include automatic solar gate openers that I can install?
- Solar Power: Possible To Build A Solar Powered Home Extension? (11/26/2011)
- Solar Turbines: Does Anyone Here Install Or Work With Solar Panels And/or Wind Turbines? (8/9/2011)
- Solar Turbines: How Much Does It Cost To Install Solar Cells In A Typical American House, And When Will It Be Paid Back? (7/22/2011)
- Non-solar outdoor lights set to “automatic” – set to turn on at dark and remain on for 4 hours.?
- Solar Products: Using Added Value To An Existing Market, Would That Help Relieve Our Energy Pains, For The Near Future ? (12/30/2011)