Two energy saving concepts in home building are solar powered homes and earth sheltered homes. Suppose you are drawing up plans for a new home and want to compare the expected annual heating costs for the two types of innovation. Independent random samples of solar-powered homes yielded the summary data on annual heating costs shown below. Assume random and independent sampling, and that the homes were comparable with respect to size, climatic conditions, etc.
Is there evidence (at the a = 0.05 significance level) that the mean annual cost of heating an earth sheltered home is significantly less than the corresponding cost of heating a solar powered home?
SOLAR POWERED EARTH-SHELTERED
n = 12
n = 6
m2= $ 234
s = $ 55
s = $ 26
- Solar Power: Testing The Differences Between 2 Means? (1/18/2012)
- Solar Producer: What Is The Correlation Between Large City Pollution (Shanghai) And Climate Change? (11/22/2011)
- Solar Energy: Solar Energy (thermal And Photo Voltaic) Differences Between The Conditions In North And South Europe? (9/4/2011)
- Solar Energy: Are There Any Reliable General Contractors In Arizona That Build Energy Independent Homes? (9/12/2011)
- Solar Products: Did You Ever Wonder How The Chinese New Year (Year Of The Rat) Sunspots And Revelation 13 Connect? (8/24/2011)