“we can’t drill our way out of the problem.” ” Drilling won’t affect the price for 5 years. ” So what is the democratic 5 year plan given the fact that there are a billion gasoline powered cars on the road right now, and millions of diesel powered trucks and trains right now, transporting our food to us?
How are you planning on phasing out the old technology if and when the new comes available?
I don’t understand why anyone would think it would be advantageous to a business to lease millions of acres of land from the government for billions of dollars just so they can sit on it and let it expire. That’s pissing money away, and that argument doesn’t make sense. Could it be they leased the land, explored it, and didn’t find anything to drill for? Far more likely.
How is a oil well any more damaging to the enviroment than a windmill? They are both man-made, quiet, and with a part that moves. Neither of them put out any pollution or CO2. Yes the refining process is filthy, but an oil well just sits there while an arm moves up and down. I’ve seen them in middle of cornfields, prairies and even in middle of shopping mall parking lots. People have them in their yards. An animal has to walk around a windmill the same as it does an oil well, and I’ve never seen an animal dumb enough that wouldn’t walk around it if it got in it’s way.
- Solar Panel: Do Industry Experts Know What Type Of Fuel Cars Will Be Using In 50 Years? (11/21/2011)
- If the middle east is so engorged with oil why don’t they prepare for the wind/solar/hydrogen future?
- If sun & wind produce power, why don’t we have cars with solar panels & wind turbines for day & night driving?
- Solar Lights: How Many Miles Per Dollar(mpd) Do Hydrogen Cars Get As Of Now? (8/31/2011)
- Solar Energy: Alternate Energy Sources In Cars? (10/16/2011)