Over the past decades solar energy costs have been decreasing as manufacturing processes improve. At the same time fossil fuels become slowly more scarce and therefore more expensive. At some point there will be price parity and then solar will start becoming less expensive than fossil fuels.
Anyone have any good data on when this may occur?
(I’m looking for general times, like “this decade” – 50 years, 100 years, etc)
- Solar Energy: Can Someone Please Briefly List Some Advantages/disadvantages Of Fossil Fuels, Uranium, Wind, Solar, Geo.? (11/24/2011)
- Solar Energy: What Is The Same About Fossil Fuels And Geothermal Energy? (8/24/2011)
- Solar Energy: Solar Energy Vs Fossil Fuels?? (10/5/2011)
- Could solar power, hot water and heating be combined in one system in a way that’s cheaper then fossil fuels
- About what percentage of America’s Energy comes from fossil fuels and….?