My girlfriend and I have just bought a camper van, and we would like to hook up some roll up solar panels to a spare car battery so we can store energy in it to use with small electrical appliances.
I have no idea about how this could be done, if it is even possible. I would be very grateful for any help on how I might achieve this.
Thanks for all your replies!
The plan is to use the other battery to run small electrical appliances, phone charger, music etc, not to charge the actual car battery. I should have made that clearer to start with, I apologise. But your replies are still all helpful!
I was thinking of using the roll up solar panels that are available, does anyone know where I could buy a kit online that would contain the right battery and other components that are necessary?
Thanks for all your help!
- Solar Turbines: Is There A Way To Make Car Paint That Collects Solar And Wind Energy To Power An Electric Car? (2/10/2012)
- Solar Panel: What Kind Of Solar Panel Would I Need To Charge I Car Battery? (6/17/2011)
- Solar Products: Solar Car Charger For Yellow Top Optima Battery? (7/29/2011)
- Solar Panel: Does/Can A Solar Cell Battery Charger Extend The Life Of A Car Battery? (4/1/2012)
- Solar Panel: What Type Of Battery And Solar Cells Should I Use For A Solar Panel System? (5/21/2012)