Places near the equator are warmer than polar regions because (1 point)
air pressure is greater over the equator
the ozone layer is thicker over the equator
there is more direct solar radiation at the equator
Earth’s angle of solar radiation directs more light energy to the poles
The Hawaiian Islands are an example of (1 point)
a hot spot
a rift eruption
cinder cone volcanoes
a subduction boundary eruption
Which of the following statements is true?
I) The asthenosphere is made of individual plates.
II) The lithosphere is made of individual plates.
III) Crustal plates, carrying the continents, have been moved by molten rock beneath them.
IV) The continents are moving through the crust.
V) Earth is a static planet, with no geological activity occurring.
VI) Plate movement is random.
- Earth Science – PLEASE HELP?
- Solar Lights: Yugioh Lightsworn Zombie Deck (rate/review/fix)? (5/13/2011)
- Solar Turbines: How Can You Convert Heat Into Electrisity Without Using Turbines? (5/9/2011)
- Solar Producer: Energy Efficient Questions? (5/13/2011)
- Solar Producer: In Review: Records Set By The Texas Rangers Yesterday? (5/14/2011)