1. What form of energy is released from a bowling ball, a car, and a computer?
2. What energy transformation occurs when a solar calculator operates?
3. What energy transformation occurs when burning a campfire?
4. What energy transformation occurs when you rub your hands together?
5. Why does a student feel hot when they play baseball?
6. What energy transformation occurs with an electric fan?
7. What energy transformation occurs with an electric circuit?
8. Which device can be used to generate electricity with ocean tides?
B. An engine
C. A turbine
9. Which energy transformation occurs with a rechargeable battery?
10. List a source of energy that produces electricity without burning fuel?
11. Which source of energy uses electromagnetic energy and transforms it directly into heat and electricity?
12. What energy conversion happens with a hydroelectric plant?
13. Which energy source can be replaced in the shortest amount of time?
C. NATURAL GAS
14. Which form of energy is stored in gasoline?
15. What is the original source of energy in fossil fuels?
Answer the next few questions using the background information:
A coal burning steam generator burns coal to convert water into stream. The stream moves turbines to generate electricity. Energy can be transformed for human use.
16. What three forms of energy from the generator are used to produce electricity?
17. What is an advantage to using the stream generator?
18. Which sources of energy can be usedf to power a generator without polluting the environment?
EASY 10 POINTS. (KINDA)
- Solar Energy: What Are The Prospects Of Solar Energy As An Alternative Commercial Source Of Energy Today ? (11/17/2011)
- Solar Products: Science And You? Please Help!? (9/18/2011)
- Solar Energy: Is This The Reason Why Solar Panels Are Energy Efficient? (8/12/2011)
- Solar Lights: Eclipse Questions Earth Science Questions HELP? (1/8/2012)
- What’s the difference between Conventional, Conventional Alternatives, and Non-conventional energy alternative?