Vitamins are defined as organic substances that are required by an organism in amounts that are small compared to things like carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids or fats. Which statement about the function of these vitamins is INCORRECT?
A). Vitamins often function as coenzymes.
B). The compounds that function as vitamins in animals often serve the same function in plants.
C). Most plants need to obtain vitamins from their environment.
D). Deficiencies in a particular vitamin will appear as specific symptoms associated with the function of the vitamin.
E). Animals acquire vitamins from their diet, but some can be derived from symbionts or as a metabolic product of solar energy
I am pretty sure I know the answer, but I just want to make sure I am right. Please provide a source or explanation so I know that my thought process was either right or wrong. THANKS!!
- Solar Turbines: Solar (industry/technology) Growth As A Function Of Oil Prices? (9/19/2011)
- Solar Producer: What Is The Main Source Of Energy For Producers Such As Plants And Other Photosynthetic Organisms? (6/22/2011)
- Please help!! Ten……..Points!!?
- Solar Products: Since Energy Is Used Here, What Type Of Reaction Is Photosynthesis? (9/21/2011)
- Solar Producer: Consumers Are Organisms That? (6/1/2012)