Please check my answers and correct them if they are wrong
1. The seasons are caused by
A. the change of climate in a specific area.
*B. the temperature and amount of precipitation in the atmosphere.
C. latitude, atmospheric circulation patterns, local geography, solar activity, and volcanic activity over a period of years.
D. the tilt of the Earth on its axis as the Earth revolves around the sun.
2. The five primary air pollutants are
A. sulfuric acid, carbon dioxide, monoxides, radon, and organic emissions.
B. carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, volatile organic compounds, and particulate matter.
*C. cement plants, mining operations, incinerators, wood-burning fireplaces, and coal-burning power plants.
D. carbon dioxide, hydrogen, sulfur dioxide, oxygen, and mercury.
3. Which of the following is an advantage of nuclear energy?
A. It does not produce solid waste.
B. It poses no safety risks.
*C. It is cost-efficient.
D. It releases less radioactivity than coal-fired power plants.
4. As the amount of ozone in the stratosphere decreases,
*A. more ultraviolet light is able to reach Earth’s surface.
B. less solar energy is able to reach Earth’s surface.
C. the amount of methane in the atmosphere increases.
D. the amount of phytoplankton in the ocean increases.
5. What is the purpose of adding chlorine to water during the water treatment process?
A. to filter and remove large debris
B. to form flocs that bacteria and other impurities will cling to
*C. to kill bacteria that have accumulated, as well as prevent future bacterial growth
D. to remove unwanted gases
6. Which of the following is an example of a modern agricultural technique?
A. a plow pushed by the farmer
B. using manure and plant wastes as fertilizer
C. pulling weeds by hand
*D. using synthetic chemicals to kill pests
7. Which of the following is a renewable energy source?
A. the biosphere
B. the moon
C. the ocean
*D. the sun
8. Which of the following are possible short-term effects of air pollution to humans?
*A. headache, nausea, and upper respiratory infections
B. sore muscles, lethargy, and sleeplessness
C. cancer, sore throat, and cough
D. heartburn, irritability, and fever
9. Persistent pesticides are those that
A. require repeated high-dose use for optimum effect.
B. retain their popularity among U.S. farmers.
*C. do not break down quickly or easily, and therefore become concentrated in organisms high on the food chain.
D. possess the greatest chemical toxicity
10. Ultraviolet radiation (UV light) causes which of these damaging effects in humans?
A. increased incidence of skin cancer and cataracts
B. weakened immune system
C. premature aging of the skin
*D. all of the above
- Science…..help please ….ten points?
- Solar Producer: Is Solar Energy Really Green? ***A Must Read***? (5/19/2011)
- Solar Lights: Science Help! Electric And Enviromental Help!? (11/26/2011)
- Solar Products: Science Please Help I Dont Under Stand Please? 10 Points? (4/22/2012)
- Please help!! Ten……..Points!!?