1. What is the most common use of water in the United States? (Points : 3)
2. Which of the following abiotic factors would likely affect humans directly? (Points : 3)
3. A conservation easement would be best suited to offset which of the following threats to biodiversity? (Points : 3)
4. Which of the following would have direct effects on the resources available to a population? (Points : 3)
socioeconomic status of individuals
5. Which prediction is true based on this population pyramid?
(Points : 3)
The population is not growing.
The population is growing rapidly.
The population is declining.
The population is growing slowly.
6. If over a 10-year period, a nation of 100 million people has a birth rate of 15 million, but a death rate of 5 million and a net migration rate of 2 million, the population is doing which of the following? (Points : 3)
decreasing in size
growing in size
decreasing first and then growing
staying the same over time
7. Which of the following would reduce water tables? (Points : 3)
8. Which of the following stresses would most likely cause an ecosystem to respond by succession? (Points : 3)
9. How might a flood affect the population of an area? (Points : 3)
reduce the need for resources
reduce the population
increase the population
increase available resources
10. Which of the following is a natural resource? (Points : 3)
11. Which of the following is a nonrenewable resource? (Points : 3)
12. Which mineral is used in making cans and is found mainly in Australia? (Points : 3)
13. Smelting is the major method used to refine and enrich which of the following? (Points : 3)
14. Which of the following is an example of sustainable use of natural resources? (Points : 3)
clear-cutting a forest
continuously strip mining coal deposits in an area
planting multiple crops together on a field and harvesting them at different times
harvesting huge populations of fish from a fishing shoal
15. A resource is being used by a population. Which graph represents a sustainable yield of that resource?
(Points : 3)
16. Which of the following is a renewable resource? (Points : 3)
17. Which technology would best help the United States wean itself from foreign oil? (Points : 3)
more nuclear power plants
- Solar Lights: Please Help Me With These 10 Science Questions About Auroras!!! 10 POINTS???!!!! THANKSSS? (1/5/2012)
- Please help!! Ten……..Points!!?
- Solar Energy: Answer But Write Numbers Before Answers (BEFORE 8TH OF JUNE Pl.)? (6/12/2012)
- Solar Lights: I Need Some Help With Science Homework!10 Points Best Answer!? (9/26/2011)
- Solar Producer: Help With Some Science Please!? (3/31/2012)