I understand that California has received approval for more solar energy projects. Of course, such projects come at a price….. paid for by the American taxpayer in the form of subsidies.
In addition, Cali’s Governor recently signed into law what could become a mandate that utility companies be forced to “store” energy to hold in reserve for unreliable energy sources (wind/solar). This is in addition to utility companies being forced to buy ever increasing amounts of the electric generated by wind/solar generators.
Of course, this is going to increase already high electric costs to businesses and consumers in addition to U.S. (and Cali) taxpayers being stiffed for the outrageous MWH subsidies already in place.
Is it just me, or are we taxpayers being screwed again? Do the powers that be in California have any clue as to why businesses are avoiding and abandoning their state like the plague because of… among other things…. high energy costs??
Iyushchi stated: “What? Nobody ever went bankrupt due to souring fossil fuel prices?”
An entire State going bankrupt ….. correct me if I’m wrong….. has ‘somewhat’ more impact than an individual or company.
Pegminer….. some good, additional points!
Jeff M…… 90% renewables in your province? That’s great! A lot of hydro?
Wind and Solar are in a different league…. expensive, unreliable and in the case of wind…. unsafe.
Paul’s Alias 2……. Last I read, Silicon Valley unemployment was at 12%. Doesn’t sound too encouraging, does it!
- Solar plant number 3 goes bankrupt. Is Obama’s green energy ahead of its time?
- Solar Products: ARE YOU INTO THE GO GREEN ALT MOVEMENT? Even Higher Priced Products? (3/15/2012)
- Solar Producer: How To Investing In So-called Green Energy? (2/3/2012)
- Obama’s War on Coal Undermines Manufacturing Jobs?
- Solar Products: Governments And Several Other Countries Have Encouraged The Use Of ‘green’ Technologies/product By Extending S? (4/24/2012)