3. Are there Solar power plants in Illinois? If so, how many and where?
4. Explain how Solar Panels work.
5. How long does it take for the sunlight to reach the earth?
6. What is the largest form of energy use in the US? How long can the country sustain using this form? What would be our best alternative to this form? Why?
7. What is an active solar collector?
8. What is a passive solar collector?
9. How can solar energy be used to reduce the current use of fossil fuels?
10. Explain how solar energy creates heat.
Find a solar cooker/collector you would like to build at home. Draw a basic example. Are you going to have a partner? If so, who?
- Solar Power: Solar Power Questions!? (9/9/2011)
- Solar Products: Is Earth A Closed System? How Does One Add/remove Excess Thermal Energy? (4/9/2012)
- Solar Power: INEED HELP! HOW DOES COOKING WITH SOLAR ENERGY WORK? (12/22/2011)
- Solar Energy: HELP WITH ENERGY AND POWER? (7/22/2012)
- Solar Energy: Please Help Me Answer Some Energy Questions? (2/10/2012)