I currently am running a small 5 watt per hour PV panel with a few LEDs attached to it. The problem is that all it is is a device for telling me when the sun is out. I originally planned to have it charge 8 AA batteries in series so I could then use the battery power to run some 12 volt lights at night. This was planned using information I later found to be incorrect. I’m trying to fix this system in as cheap a manor as possible. Is there anyway I could accomplish this without having to spend the $ 100 or so on a larger 12v solar battery?
- Solar Products: Set Up A Cheap Solar System To Run A Few 12volt Lights Off Of. Can I Use AA Solar Charging Batteries? (6/6/2011)
- Solar Panel: Is It Cost Effective To Buy A Solar Panel Battery Charger And BATTERY Then A Cheap Invertor And Power A Light? (12/26/2011)
- Solar Lights: Please Recommend A Set Of Durable Outdoor Garden Lights? (11/5/2011)
- Solar Panel: Help Setting Up A Solar Panel System? (9/4/2011)
- Solar Lights: Where Can I Find An Outdoor Solar Activated Switch? (11/3/2011)