It is possible to transmit power wirelessly.
Why not take parking lots or other parking areas, and simply cover them with solar panels, then have “outlets” that beam any power to a car with a built in receiver that parks in that lot?
Any extra power left over can be piped into a city grid during the day when loads are at their peak, or if the power generated by the panels were insufficient, you could draw on the grid.
This would work with either full-electric or hybrid cars, and offer a unique way of charging without plugs or effort on the part of the driver. You park your car, turn it off and a sensing system does the rest.
- Solar Panel: Can Any Car Become An Electrictric/solar Powered Car By Conversion? (12/6/2011)
- Solar Turbines: How Expensive Would It Be To Build A Car That Is Powered Strictly By Solar Energy? (1/16/2012)
- If I put HHO generator powered by external Battery(charged by solar cell at home) into my car–Will it work?
- Solar Panel: Can You Add A Generator To An Electric Vehicle To Create Regeneration? (4/8/2012)
- Solar Products: Solar Power In My Bedroom? (7/15/2011)