1. After shooting a cannonball, a cannon recoils with a much lower velocity than the cannonball. This is primarily because, compared to the cannonball, the cannon has a
a. much greater mass
b. smaller amount of momentum
c. greater kinetic energy
d. smaller force applied to it
2. A mechanic used a hydraulic lift to raise a 12054N car 1.89m above the floor of the garage. It took a 4.75s to raise the car. What was the power output of the lift.
3. A horizontal force of 600N is used to push a box 8m across a room. Which of theses variables must be known to determine the power used in moving the box.
a. the weight of the box
b. the potential energy of the box
c. the time it takes to move the box
d. the length of the box
4. Only 10% of the electrical energy operating a light bulb is changed into visible light . Which instrument helps identify the energy change occurring the most of the 90% remaining?
a. triple beam balance
c. magnifying glass
5. An advertisement claims that a certain truck has the most powerful engine In the class. If the engine has more power, which of the following can the truck engine do, compared to every other engine. In its class.
a. produce fewer emissions
b. operate more efficiently
c. perform work faster
d. accelerate longer
6. Which of these is an advantage of producing electricity using solar power plants rather than using coal fired power plants.
a. solar power plants can operate for about 10 hours per day
b. solar power plants can produce variable amounts of energy
c. solar power plants produce fewer pollutants
d. solar power plants requires continuous sunlight.
7. Which of these devices uses the suns energy directly
b. hydroelectric dam
c. nuclear power plant
d. photovoltaic cell
8. A leaf from an apple tree falls to the ground more slowly than an apple falls. As an explanation of this observation, the ancients Greeks theory of natural place has been replaced by a more recent theory involve gravitational force and
a. atomic weight
b. inertial mass
c. air resistance
d. kinetic energy
9. The typical automobiles kinetic energy is converted to heat energy when the brakes are applied. A braking system that converts kinetic energy to electrical energy instead of heat energy has been designed. The electrical energy can be used later to move the car again. How does a system like this benefit the environment?
a. greater use of solar energy
b. ability to harness wind energy
c. decreased use of fossil fuels
d. use of renewable hydroelectricity
10. A woman lifts a 57-N weight distance of 40 cm. each time she does a particular exercise. It takes her .60 seconds to lift the weight. How much power does the supply for lifting the weight one time
a. 24 W
b. 34 W
c. 38 W
d. 95 W
11. A researcher determined the percentage of electrical energy transformed into different forms of energy by a toaster. The best way to communicate these results is to display the data using a
b. circle graph
c. line graph
d. box-whisker graph
- Solar Turbines: SCIENCE QUESTIONS!!!!!? (8/6/2011)
- Solar Producer: What Is The Main Source Of Energy For Producers Such As Plants And Other Photosynthetic Organisms? (6/22/2011)
- Solar Energy: Physics. Please. I Need Brief But Complete Answers.? (6/24/2012)
- Solar Energy: Physics Assignment Help!? (7/29/2012)
- Solar Producer: Why Not Supporting The Nuclear Energy? (7/26/2011)