At my house, for example. I use Spot Led lights that are powered by 2032 coin cell batteries, instead of high wattage bulbs.
I utilise solar battery chargers for mp3 player, palm pilots, cell phones. I use a car charger for my car battery. Just by learning how to balence the fluid, I can refurb the battery with out harming the enviorment. Or turning the battery in and pay the disposal fee.
I have also put all of my “instant on” tv’s, vcrs, and all electronics on on surge suppressors and turn the off switch to 0, when not in use.
I’m posting this to get newer ideas from other people, and maybe inspire them to use what i use. No politics here, just “What are you doing to cut down on your electric bill?
- Solar Lights: Help With A Simple Outdoor Solar Lighting System? (5/10/2011)
- Solar Power Facts – What are some useful Solar Power Facts that help Lower your Electric Bill
- Solar Turbines: What Are Your Thoughts On Solar Power Technology? (5/4/2011)
- Solar Energy For Home – Does My Solar Electric System Have To Include Batteries?
- Solar Panel: How Much Do Solar Panel Roofs Save On Your Electricity Bill? (5/19/2011)