I’ll start the list with Solar Panels, Wind Turbines, Inverters, Electric and Hybrid Cars. We already manufacture these products, but don’t market them as aggressively as defense products. If our most profitable exports are weapons, we need ongoing wars to sustain that. Most International aid is given to other countries to buy defense products such as war planes. Taxpayers foot the bill and Litton, Ratheon, Boeing and others get the money. If we put more emphasis on supporting new and peaceful technology, we would not be under the burden of needing war to sustain the economy. It’s not a model that’s working anyway. The deficit is out of control. Investors in Defense companies are making money, but too many jobs are shipped overseas. The national corporations get subsidized but many pay little or no tax in the USA. Please list some creative ideas of products and industries we can develop, manufacture and sell in the USA, to keep the profits and jobs here and build up and sustain our local economy.
I’m a solar design consultant. It’s a thriving industry but comes an goes as rebates come and go. Most panels are manufactured in China and Japan and the majority of Inverters come from Germany and Japans. Do some homework and you will see Solar and Wind are definitely viable. The there’s CSP — Concentrated Solar Power. The long trow-like equipment placed in rows in the desert that heats oil, that power steam turbines. 1 Mile Square in the desert could power the USA. Over 100 permits for were applied for under Bush and all denied. Not much different today. Solar is downplayed, because if we all had them would negatively impact Oil and Coal, who basically control our political process.
Check for Rebates in your State
- Solar Lights: Is Anyone Using Small Solar Panels In Their Home With Any Practical Results? (6/2/2011)
- If all of Obama’s energy saving ideas are so viable then why did he need rebates on all of them?
- Solar Power: What Tax Advantages Are There For Using Wind Power And What Speeds Are Required? (6/15/2011)
- Solar Producer: What Would It Take To Change Your Mind On Global Warming? (6/20/2011)
- Solar Producer: Is The Notion Of Alternative Energy Being Economically Viable Wishing Thinking? (5/6/2011)