If Ed Begley is around maybe he can help also!
My home is directly southwest facing and needs a completely new roof (composite shingles)
I would like to place solar panels across the entire front of the roof. approximately 900 square feet in the front of the house.
1. Do I reroof underneath the panels first or can I leave the old shingles on underneat.
2. Will this be adequate to take me off the power grid in my 1800 square foot home and outside lighting in garden aea?
I have a washer, dryer, fridge, dishwasher and electric stove, and air conditioner to run.
thank you for all your help. I need to make this decision before having the new roof put on.
- Need Solar Panel Guru…..?
- Solar Panel: How Effective Is Solar Power? (6/2/2011)
- Solar Power: How Much Will Solar Panels Cost To Power Our Home? (5/30/2011)
- Solar Power: I Want To Power My New Home I Am Building On Solar Power Alone What Will The Cost Be Roughly? (6/3/2011)
- Solar Lights: Is Anyone Using Small Solar Panels In Their Home With Any Practical Results? (6/2/2011)